Wednesday 27 August 2014

Mercredi Moodboard - Feeling Crafty







 If you follow me on instagram, facebook or pinterest, you will already know how inspired I have been feeling after visiting the Claude Viallat exhibition in Montpellier on Saturday. The whole family loved it, and I can't wait to go back again!

Viallat is obviously well-known for his huge colourful paintings on all kinds of surfaces (including army and circus tents - amazing!), but what I really appreciated were his experiments with rope, wood, string and tar. I came away with lots of ideas for decorating our own home using basic found objects collected here in the "garrigue" ( Viallat grew up in our village and lives in Nîmes), and can't wait to get started next week when the kids go back to school.

So, as you can see, I'm in the mood for working with wood, cutting out, weaving, tieing, creating patterns and doing things with my hands again. That's it, I'm feeling crafty. How about you???




Thanks for the inspiration:
Final image found on pinterest with no source - can anyone help me? Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Magnifique inspiration!!!!!
    Belle journée et belle rentrée!
    Amorelou

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!